A couple of 1275 rebuild questions...

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: A couple of 1275 rebuild questions...
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:35:40 -0600 reply-type=original
Does anyone know what the spec lobe dimensions are on a standard 1275
camshaft?

Also, I just retrieved my block from the local engine shop today.  They
cleaned it up and honed out the cylinders.  There is now a vertical "edge"
in one of the cylinders running the length of the cylinder.  It's easily
felt.

I plan to take it back to shop tomorrow, but wanted to know what the
consensus here is.  How worried should I be about this?  Can it perhaps be
honed  out (the edge, or ridge), or am I now looking at an overbore?

Thanks,

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L