Re: A couple of 1275 rebuild questions...

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: A couple of 1275 rebuild questions...
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:55:49 -0600
Cc: Kurtis <kurtisj123@cox.net>, Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
> More importantly and most interestingly, what do your professional engine
>machinists have to say about returning the
> block to you with an "edge" running the
> full length of one of the cylinders??

I'll give you an update after I actually take it back and ask him
about it.  I didn't have the chance today.

> As to cam lobe "dimensions"???
>
> Lobe width is 1/2". Cam lift for intake and
> exhaust is 0.250.

I was actually looking for the short and long dimensions.  I'm
enouraged (somewhat) that my measurements indicate a 0.250 to 0.253
lift on all lobes.  What is the tolerance?  Is 0.003 to much variance?
 Also, if the actual lift is within tolerance, do the long and short
dimensions even matter?

Thanks!