Re: A couple of 1275 rebuild questions...

To: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>, "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: A couple of 1275 rebuild questions...
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:19:13 -0500
Cc: "Kurtis" <kurtisj123@cox.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
the question i have is this.   did you present the machinist with a set of
specific pistons saying "bore and hone it to fit these"?  and was there
damage pre-existing in that bore when you presented it to the shop for work
to be done?
and what worries me , is you bore a block and finish hone it for a specific
set of pistons.  if you havea scratch and it needs to be honed out , how
far "past" the proper clearance will the bore need to be honed to remove
the scratch?  at that point you compromise you ring end gap and the piston
to cylinder wall clearance in 1  cylinder.
now those are the issues that would concern me upon picking up a damaged
piece of work.
if you could please keep us advised as to the answer of the shop to your
concerns?

chuck.

> Date: 01/18/2005 4:57:09 PM
> Subject: Re: A couple of 1275 rebuild questions...
> > More importantly and most interestingly, what do your professional
engine machinists have to say about returning the