Re: A couple of 1275 rebuild questions...

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A couple of 1275 rebuild questions...
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:44:35 -0600
I took the block back to the shop today.  The machinist admitted that
he had not checked the cylinder walls adequately (but he did state
that he'd measured them for taper).  He really didn't try to make any
excuses as to why he didn't properly check it, and I didn't see any
point in throwing a big fit and put him in a defensive mode.  What's
done is done, and I obviously need some additional machine work;
however my confidence level is obviously dropping.

Options now are:

1. Bore it out to 0.040" over and buy new pistons, or

2. Re-sleeve and use the old (0.030" over pistons).

What's here everyone think?

--
Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas