Re: Question on overheating

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question on overheating
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:36:06 -0800
  on one of my cars (not a Sprite, its Italian) I found that if I waited
until the fan kicked in I would overheat unless I got moving soon.  I put
in a switch so I could turn on the fans before they kicked in and found
that I could sit there for a very long time before overheating.

  It seems that by the time the fans kicks in things are already hot and
the fan is cooling them down but if you turn on the fan before that, its
keeping things cool so they don't overheat.

   Of course in my case 20 minutes in stop-go rush hour traffic and my
plugs are fouled and my car needs a Italian tune-up again but overheating
is now the least of my worries.

        Mike