Re: Question on overheating

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question on overheating
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 15:01:15 -0800
At 01:09 PM 3/3/2005, David Lieb wrote:
>like that. Or maybe just suffering from being an Italian car. You did read
>the owners manual where it said that this car was just for looking at,
>didn't you ;-)

  I must have missed that page, guess I will have to read it again :)

   My first thought was that the cooling system was messed up, I went and
got a new radiator and then even later went to a aluminium radiator and
yes, new t-stat, hoses,etc.  I find once its hot enough to kick in the fan
automatically, I better get moving soon or it will overheat eventually but
if i see a traffic jam, I switch on the fan and can sit there until my
plugs foul.  As long as I can keep moving even slowly, the thing will not
overheat.

  I maybe wrongly assumed that it was easier for the fan to keep things
cool then to cool things once they were hot which is why I had planned on
doing the same with my Brit car.  As to why the car was "unspecified" well
I was just relating an experience and I realize that a Dino with a 2Litre
twin-overhead cam V6 being fed by 3 2-barrel webers might be slightly
different than a Spridget.

  oh, and while it is very very very nice to look at, its even better to
drive :)

  Mike