RE: O v e r h e a t i n g

To: "'David Riker'" <davriker@pacbell.net>
Subject: RE: O v e r h e a t i n g
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:58:45 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have to assume that there was a 1275 with the crossflow radiator?
Otherwise what you say makes no sense as you can't mix downflow and
crossflow radiator parts. The crossflow I have in my bug-I sits very close
to the engine and there is no room for an electric fan between the engine
and radiator.
                Crash

You can easily fit a puller fan to a 1275 car by changing out the radiator
surround to one from a later 1500 car.  The 1500 is a longer engine, so the
factory had to move the radiator forward.  You can also increase the
radiator size by having the tanks from a 1275 soldered to a 1500 radiator
core, adding about 20% more cooling area.
David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg