Re: Chichak elec dizzy

To: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chichak elec dizzy
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:10:17 -0600 reply-type=original {sentby:smtp 24.15.214.89 authed with dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com} with any abuse report
> Hey David Leib,  did you ever have any success with your Chichak dizzy.

I had no troubles installing it and it has not hiccupped yet. Do I get more
hp out of it? Not that I can tell. It replaced the original dizzy that had
been converted to Pertronix. One ramification was that the 123Mini
distributor only understands ported vacuum, NOT manifold vacuum, so I had to
rebuild an older set of carbs in order to use vacuum advance. Yeah, I would
rather have avoided that, but at least I already had the cores. Ported
vacuumis a better option for performance (manifold vacuum signal is ideal
for manufacturers who are onjly interested in passing government emissions
tests at idle), so I don't mind as much... it IS easier, however, to add a
manifold vacuum port to a car than a ported vacuum port!
I DO wish that they had designed it so that the curve switch could be
accessed without pulling the dizzy, but such is life.

On the other hand, I am somewhat mifffed at all of the hidden charges. What
the heck was NAFTA supposed to do again??? I got shafted for currrency
conversion by the credit card company, shafted for the border crossing by
UPS, and shafted on shipping charges as well. Marcel commiserated, but that
is not much help. A friend of mine ordered a laptop; in order to get it
faster, he paid the "expedited shipping" from Beijing; it cost him less than
getting a distributor shipped from Canada, eh! </rant> I would suggest
looking for a US distributor of the Canadian distributor <LOL> before
buying. I know that there was a deal in the works, but I do not know whether
it has happened.

NEWS! I just checked the website and found that Seven Enterprises is now
carrying the dizzy stateside! http://www.7ent.com/indexa.cfm Maybe thereis
hope...
David Lieb