Re: GM going down, no LBC

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GM going down, no LBC
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:05:50 EST
Jay,

Good concise observation.

I have had two Vettes over the years.  One was the 1984 that was scheduled to
be introduced in 1993 but never made it.  They had to skip a year because the
they found more issues so they were not able to release the Vette for model
year '93.  I read somewhere that they made 4 of them and scrapped 3 keeping the
other one for the Corvette Museum in Kansas.

My '84 was an amazing handler.  All the 84's came out with very stiff
suspensions.  It was interesting to watch the hood though when making a u-turn
on a
street that has soft rounded curbs.  If the wheel went up over the soft curb
the entire car would flex.  You could actually see the hood flexing and feel
the
car twisting.  The dash lights on the new space age digital dash went out at
around 60k miles.  My dash lights lasted longer than normal, I later found
out.  The Cross Fire Injection was nicked named "Cease Fire Injection" - and
for
good cause.  By 84k miles the whole thing was getting too loose and the car
would not sit even on the ground.  That is when I sold it.

I still had the Corvette bug and later bought an '86.  More issues with the
'86.  The ignition module had an incurable problem.  When one would go out I
would swap in the previous one and the car would run for about another month.
When that one went out I swapped in the other one.  I only had to carry two of
these modules as I would simply swap them out when the current one would go
bad.  A  brand new one would not make any difference.  I tried the brand new
approach to no avail.

Strange happenings -

Kirk
1275 BE