BE bonnet tie-downs

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: BE bonnet tie-downs
From: "Ed Townley" <healeymonster@fastwave.biz>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 09:09:59 -0600
            Ok, fonts of all knowledge spritewise, here's the deal-we are in
final body work stages of finishing the RHD project Bug eye, and are
installing the excellent front tilt bonnet hinges developed by David Hill,
and published on  Gerard's garage website
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/GarageContent/Tech/tilthinge/tilthinge.htm
(BTW, these appear to be very similar, if not identical to the new front
tilt kits offered by speedwell)

            Anyway, It is time to drill holes for bonnet hold-downs or
tie-downs before painting the body, and I am looking for some attractive yet
functional hold downs.  I know I can go with the bulky rubber and metal hold
downs that boat and RV stores sell, but would like something with a little
more "Panache".

Your input and /or Experience in this matter is appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed Townley, (long-time lurker)

Southern NM, USA

59 AN5 (Horny Toad)

64 BJ8 (Healeymonster)

55 FX3 Austin Taxi (Nigel)

59 AN5 RHD project (yet to reveal his/her name)