Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)
From: "JLC" <breton48@live.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 14:39:29 -0600
Hi Spridgeteers.... I never had a Fiat, but have ridden in quite a few in
Europe. Yes, the 1960 and 1970s Fiat were tinny and not always reliable. I
could say the same of many British and French cars I owned at the time.
Somebody mentioned a "20,000 miles transmission car". My second Spridget was
such a car - I replaced the transmission after 21,000 miles, and the next
"Gold Seal" transmission lasted less than 25,000 miles. I had no such
problem with my first Spridget though - go figure! In the twenty years and
over thirty cars I owned in England, the most reliable one was a 1985
Peugeot 205 GTI. Lots of fun to drive too! The worst was a Skoda - got it
really cheap though - 20 pounds back in 1975 or 1976! The most fun to drive
were the Spridgets (both with 1275 engine), the RS Escorts, and RS Capris (I
had several of them).

For those who may not know - Fiat owns Alfa Romeo and Ferrari, Iveco (big
trucks, selling well in Europe), and they also manufacture many tractors
sold throughout the world, including the USA - New Holland, which used to be
Ford, was sold to Fiat many years ago.

JLC