Burnt offerings.......Comments please.

To: S800Racer@aol.com
Subject: Burnt offerings.......Comments please.
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:58:10 EDT
Doug Meis,

Even though you are not in regular attendance with the Thicko gang, you
nailed it pretty well. (My best to your Mom & Dad...they didn' t raise no
dummies...and they are Iowans, too)

VSCDA is well organized and well run. The best vintage club in my opinion.
But it is quite closed to the 'great unwashed'.

Once a friend and I thought we might attend the annual board meeting, in
Chicago, and we were told that the day would be long and boring and there not
likely room for us in the hotel meeting room....egads!  I took stock of this
and decided that I was better off taking the best of the club and leave the
"benevolent dictators" do their work. No rancor here....just a fact. And it
really works best this way for me.  I should have known.

Then there is the irreverent Thickos. Yes it is fun and it is where most of
us belong. It balances out the stodginess that might exist...it also has
drained some stodginess out of some folks.  And it can be family, too. The
very young Gurolinik & Alexander (Sean & Julie) children were fun to watch on
the 'dance floor' tech station while a couple guitars played and a sax
wailed....(Blackhawk Classic)

enuff...sorry I will miss the Grattan Party. The Thickos are agents of
change...bravo!

Joe Alexander

<< **** I am informed that this may or may not have made it out to the Thicko
 list on the first go-round.  Apologies if you already got this message.

 <<