Re: Burnt offerings.......Comments please.

To: S800Racer@aol.com, wsthompson@thicko.com, gerrybraz@voyager.net,
Subject: Re: Burnt offerings.......Comments please.
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:18:35 EDT
**** I am informed that this may or may not have made it out to the Thicko
list on the first go-round.  Apologies if you already got this message.

<<
In a message dated 8/16/00 8:06:39 AM, wsthompson@thicko.com writes:

<<Tell me if you think I'm being paranoid, or
crazier than usual...>>

    Just because you're paranoid does not mean that they aren't really out to
get you.

    Since I have not been on hand for any of these grand events (a
geographical problem & one I deeply regret), I may not have much basis for
comment.  But I am greatly cheered and encouraged that the true enthusiasts
of Team Thicko seem to understand what this vintage racing thing is all about
- FUN.  Vintage Racing is not about showing up, racing and going home - It's
about having fun with your friends in the process of driving neat old cars as
fast as we can.  So I have to offer my .02 about the Flounders Paranoia.
    A by-product of organization is that it tends to stamp out spontaneous
fun.  The larger the organization/government/sanctioning body, the larger the
threat to fun.  It sounds like your parties have gained such notoriety that
the folks in charge of the event can't really ignore them.  They probably
have no hidden agendas (is that synonymous with "secret handshake homo club
deal"?), but I would be wary of any hint of becoming an "official attraction"
of some kind.
    Follow a couple of rules & you'll have no problems:

    Rule #1:  make your own rules.
            - this is what got you where you are today.  Making your own
rules about
            how to have fun is half the fun.  So keep the focus on how you as
Thickos
            want to do things and try to ignore what the grand poobahs do or
say                 about it.
    Rule #2:  There is no rule #2.  If you follow rule #1, you'll ignore
everything else             I have to say.  If there were a rule #2, it would
be to continue to be
            inclusive - don't let paranoia keep anyone out.  It appears to me
that one            of the great attributes of Team Thicko is that anyone is
welcome if they
            are there to have fun and know how to say "F*** them if they
can't take
            a joke."

    Doug "The Slug" Meis
    Driver of the Team Escargot Honda S800 & "Attorney at Speed"

    P.S.  The above is not legal advice and no attorney/client relationship
exiests between myself and Team Thicko, William S. Thompson AKA "Flounder" or
the "Thicktones" in the event of charges against the aforementioned
(including, but not limited to:  obscenity, pornography, crimes against
nature, solicitation, lewd & lascivious behaviour, drunk & disorderly
conduct, noise ordinance violations or anything else that might be considered
"fun")>>