RE:Battery

To: "'tigers'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE:Battery
From: "Bennett, Cullen" <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 97 14:28:00 MST
>Subject: Battery
>
>Tym,
>
>My vote is to go to Sears and buy the biggest (amp-hours and cranking
amp=s)
>Die-Hard you can stuff in your car.  =
>

>Regards,
>
>Jim
>B9470139
Jim,
You have obviously had better luck with the "Die-Hards" than I have. While
living in North Texas, I had three of them (over a 5 year period) in
different cars, belly up with no warning. I would pull into a shopping
center, go into the store and come out to a completely dead battery. Not as
much as a dome light would burn. After the third one, I swore off them
completely. Every battery I have owned since (even in HOT Arizona), will at
least give me a couple of groaning starts as a warning before they quit. I
personally will NEVER recommend anyone buying one.

Cullen Bennett (B9472658)