Exhaust to manifold nuts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust to manifold nuts
From: Allan=W.=McClure%FACENG%UMASS@BANYAN.UMMED.EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 95 15:34:43 EDT
Here's a tip that worked for me:

I got tired of busting off the manifold studs, drilling them out, and
replacing the studs again.   The last time I did it, I had the holes tapped
and now use stainless steel bolts to attach the exhaust pipe to the manifold.
The bolts go in from the bottom up and I don't use nuts - no need to.  They
don't rust, they're stronger than studs, and they always come out - saves
money and knuckles at the same time.

My LBC is a '60 TR3A.  Not familiar with a Spit, but I think it should work.

Al McClure