Over/Under gauge

To: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
Subject: Over/Under gauge
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 15:29:15 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
I've come into possesion of a Smith oil pressure/water temp gauge that I
would like to install in my TR6 to free up a hole for other interesting
gauges.  This gauge has a (mechanical?) water temp sender whereas I
believe the TR6 originally has an electric sender so I'm not really sure
how to go about installing it.  I have assumed that the oil sender will be
the same as I haven't yet dismantled my dash to see how it attached on the
stock gauge.  I remember someone speaking of how they had installed one of
these gauges in their car to make room for something else.  How?
                -tak