Re: Over/Under gauge

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Over/Under gauge
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 15:56:25 -0900 (PDT)
On Mon, 12 Jun 1995, Thomas Augustus Kimberly wrote:

> I've come into possesion of a Smith oil pressure/water temp gauge that I
> would like to install in my TR6 to free up a hole for other interesting
> gauges.  This gauge has a (mechanical?) water temp sender whereas I
> believe the TR6 originally has an electric sender so I'm not really sure
> how to go about installing it.  I have assumed that the oil sender will be
> the same as I haven't yet dismantled my dash to see how it attached on the
> stock gauge.  I remember someone speaking of how they had installed one of
> these gauges in their car to make room for something else.  How?
>               -tak

As I recall (being one of those involved in the previous discussion),
Doug Mitchell solved the critical part of the equation. Fitting the temp.
sender is the problem, solved by using an adaptor from a Midget 1500.
Doug, does that sound right?

Otherwise, it should be a straightforward replacement of old with new,
after which you'll have that extra hole for a genuine Smiths vacuum, oil
temp. or ambient temperature gauge. ;-)

Andy Mace