Re: Triumph colours

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph colours
From: egilk@oslonett.no (Egil Kvaleberg)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 16:35:50 +0100
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
In article <199506141219.AA05699@xs1.xs4all.nl>,
neon@xs4all.nl (neon film/tv) wrote:
> I'm restoring a 1970 2.5PI, MkII. I'ts handpainted black and has been brown
> before. I have to respray the car but don't want it to be brown again. I
> would like to make it a grey car (not metallic grey) but I'm not sure wether
> these cars were available in that colour. Can anyone help me with
> information about this? Does anyone know in what colours these cars were
> delivered? Does anyone know where I can get this information? (I would like
> to know the exact colours, so need colournumbers).

The available colours according to the -74 parts catalogue were:

        Black:  #11 Black
        Red:    #72 Pimento, #82 Carmine
        Brown:  #23 Sienna, #33 New Tan, #53 Chestnut
        Green:  #65 Emerald
        Blue:   #96 Sapphire, #106 Mallard, #116 Ice Blue, #126 French Blue
        Purple: #27 Shadow Blue
        Grey:   #78 Grey
        White:  #19 White, #39 Honeysuckle

I assume it's the #78 you're looking for. I'm sorry, I don't know if it
was actually available for a 1970 model.

Egil

I'll put this list on the Web page, BTW.

--
Email: egilk@oslonett.no  Voice: +47 22523641/92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Smail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway