TR6 exhaust questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 exhaust questions
From: LCGMD@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 11:12:07 -0400
Hello Group - I'm in the market for a new exhaust system for my 75 TR6.  TRF
has mild steel on sale for $179 without hangers,etc.  This weekend I also got
a catalog from Special Interest Car Parts (SICP) that had system on sale for
$121.  Now, I remember reading mostly good things about SICP, but does anyone
have any specific info on exhaust systems.  I guess I need to ask about the
gauge of steel that they offer?

Also, the pipes from the muffler back (approx 2 ft.) on the existing system
are stainless.  Was this original? I like these tips.  Can I just have them
welded to the new system?

Now, I know that we have been through this before, and its likely a matter of
preference, but for this presently-non-daily driver, is mild steel penny wise
and pound foolish?  I'd like to hear.

Carl Huppert - LCGMD@aol.com