Makin' yer own dash

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Makin' yer own dash
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 10:13:48 -0700 (MST)
I had my new dash made by a local woodworker and did the finish
myself.  He used slightly thicker stock than the original, and
therein lies my warning:

When you rout the cutouts on the back for the holes where cables
and the ignition lock, switches, lights, etc, go, be sure to cut
to a depth that leaves the correct thickness of wood.  Don't just
rout the holes to the original depth, as your stock may not have
been exactly the right thickness to begin with.  I had a bit of
a problem with my ignition lock because of this: too little
thread emerging from the dash to screw the bezel on; especially
with a fibre washer to protect the finish.

FWIW,
djp@alpha.sunquest.com