Looking for moral support

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for moral support
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 20:34:33 -0400
Is "moral" the right word there?  Whatever.

Okay guys, I've been dishing out a little support to the guys who read that
20psi at hot idle is bad.  I guess I'll go public with it and post it to the
general group.

I drove many hard miles on a TR-4 whose oil pressure was "low" according to
these people.  Sure, I'd have liked for it to be higher, but we can't all
have brand new rebuilt engines can we?

Does anyone out there definitely *know* that readings on the pressure gauge
of 10 to 20psi when hot at 800 rpm idle are dangerous?  My experience says
they aren't.

Anybody with me?

Secondly, has anyone had any good experiences with solid hardwood dashes?
 Several years ago, I got a great looking solid teak dash for my TR4 on my
birthday.  I really like it and don't care if it isn't original.  The car it
goes on hasn't actually ever been finished, so the dash is still in the box.

Now I'm afraid to use unless I keep the car in a temperature and humidity
controlled chamber.  Come on, someone tell me that my beautiful Dash isn't
gonna have to stay on my wall forever.

My experiences:  63's have white metal dash.  64's have wood.

To me, in my way of thinking, the fancy wood dash goes with the more "luxury"
TR's.  I consider them nice on cars with shiny wire wheels, and leather
interior.  It goes well in that category.  MIght as well get a wood shift
know with an emblem too.

The metal dash is all business.  I think they go good on the mean little
street racers with mag wheels and snorty exhaust.  I go with the plain black
shift knob here.

That's the direction I'm going with my cars anyway

Just my humble opinion

Scott Tilton
In Richmond VA
Slow and steady progress on the TR's