Re: 'Kas' Kastner

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 'Kas' Kastner
From: egilk@oslonett.no (Egil Kvaleberg)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 02:27:15 +0100
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
In article <950620162620_98757928@aol.com>, Bombur2@aol.com wrote:
> Egil:
>
> I have gotten lots of good info from:
> TUNING MANUAL FOR STANDARD TRIUMPH CARS PRODUCED BETWEEN 1959 & 1980
> by G.H.THomas
> Published by : G T Special Tuning Products
>                      124 Alderman's Green Road
>                      Coventry, England
>
> He goes through various levels of tuning from fast road to full race for most
> models. Also, there is much more supportive information included than in
> Kastner's sometimes optimistic publication.

Thanks. I have already got the book, and must say I share your regard for it.

I am in the process of collecting available information on tuning of the
sixes. Much work still remain, but those who want may visit the T2000
home page to have a look. A slight bias towards the saloons may be noted,
but it shouldn't be enough to frighten anyone :-)

The information is based on the above book, quite a few catalogues, a bit
from 'The Works Triumphs', and finally slight hints of my own experiences.
Any comments, additions, contributions and criticisms will be very welcome.

PS: No "fancy" pictures yet, I'll leave that until the nitty-gritty is
finished.

Egil

--
Email: egilk@oslonett.no  Voice: +47 22523641/92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Smail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway