Re: Low oil pressure and synthetics...thanks

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Subject: Re: Low oil pressure and synthetics...thanks
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 16:17:13 -0700 "Re: Low oil pressure and synthetics...thanks" (Jun 22, 7:16pm)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Sounds like a good candidate for synthetics, then. Have the rings sealed well?

        Do you know whether there's a significant difference in synthetics?

Yah, there can be, mostly in pour point and ash temperature. There shouldn't be
any problem mixing synthetics and regular oil. There's a summary of oil types
and characteristics that makes its way around the net from time to time - the
basic gist is that AMSoil and RedLine are probably the best, but also the most
expensive. Of the next tier, Mobil 1 is the best - it's what I use. I remember
looking at the Castrol synthetic, and there were a couple of things about it
that made me decide against.