Re: Low oil pressure and synthetics...thanks

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Subject: Re: Low oil pressure and synthetics...thanks
From: Killjoy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 19:18:08 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Do you know whether there's a significant difference in synthetics?  I
>wandered into Walmart this afternoon and saw various brands ranging from
>about $1.50 all the way to $4.00+ a quart.  That's quite a spread.  Also, is
>there any danger of mixing new synthetic oil with residual regular oil?  I'm
>probably thinking about not mixing dot 3&4 brake fluid with dot 5, but who
>knows?

If you read the bottles carefully, you will note that the $1.50 end of the
synthetic motor oil price scale is taken up by blends of synthetic and
natural oils.  So there is no danger in mixing them.  Now if they would only
reveal their ratios we might know if they are a good deal or not.  Until
then, I mix my own, 1 quart synthetic to 3 quarts regular.

Michael Turley
Killjoy@aol.com