tr4 cooling system trouble

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr4 cooling system trouble
From: niccum@cs.umn.edu (Thomas M. Niccum)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 11:38:14 -0500 (CDT)
Hi all,

I just aquired a '63 TR-4, and have some cooling system troubles, i'd
appreciate any advice...

Engine was rebuilt < 100 miles ago.
On my first drive the radiator blew its stack, popped off the filler neck
and cap.  It was a very hot day and I got stuck in some traffic, but still...
Replaced radiator.  Filled, started engine.  No leaks, but radiator blows
fluid out of overflow tube.  I removed thermostat and problem seems better,
at least it doesn't do this at idle, but at road speeds / rpms it is still
blowing coolant out of the overflow.

Any advice, its beautiful out and I want to drive!

Tom

--
Thomas M. Niccum  | LifeRate Systems, Inc.
niccum@cs.umn.edu | 612-844-0599/Fax: 612-844-0797