Re: tr4 cooling system trouble

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tr4 cooling system trouble
From: niccum@cs.umn.edu (Thomas M. Niccum)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 1995 18:08:42 -0500 (CDT)
Thanks for the input.

It appears at this time like my problems may be more serious.

I've detected anti-freeze and oil in the exhaust, so I'm assuming
that one of the following is true (your opinions would be valued!):
1. head not tight (new rebuild followed by storage)
2. bad head gasket
3. warped head

(in order of severity!)

I'm going outside to check the torque on the head right now.
I bought the car mainly for the body which is in very good shape.  I was
'hoping' for a solid engine, but prepared to spend a bit on that end to
get things right.

Any help from the group would be most appreciated.

PS I've visited the VTR web sight and have my check made out!

--
Thomas M. Niccum  | LifeRate Systems, Inc.
niccum@cs.umn.edu | 612-844-0599/Fax: 612-844-0797