Re: 20psi @ idle

To: egilk@oslonett.no (Egil Kvaleberg), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 20psi @ idle
From: Charles.Y.Farwell@att.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 16:49:04 -0600
On Jun 24,  8:01pm, Egil Kvaleberg wrote:

> I have a theory that it is better to change big-end and crank
> bearings when the pressure reached is approaching say 30psi at
> 2000 rpm. Changing them is really done in a jiffy, and I assume
> that this will extend useful engine life significantly.

        My TR4 oil pressure is running quite close to what you describe
        here.  I have heard several times now how easy it is to replace these
        bearings. Never having done it, I assume that means that the
        engine does not have to be removed, and that one just gets at
        the bearings via the removed oil pan.

        Is that right? Could someone describe the process in better
        detail, or maybe point to a good reference?

Thanks,

Charlie Farwell         1962 TR4 #CT3852L
cyf@dr.att.com