Re: Pistons for sale/trade??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pistons for sale/trade??
From: "John Laidler" <johnl@zeta.org.au>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 18:23:06 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <johnl@godzilla.zeta.org.au>

> I have come by a box of 4 pistons as part of a purchase of some old Saab
> parts (long story having to do with trying to keep my Sonett as a daily
> driver until the TR6 is drivable).
>
> The box contains four new pistons with rings and is labelled:
>
> Hepolite
> 18796/K STD suitable for Triumph
> Original Bore 3.4247"/86.987mm
> BH17 0102
>
> Handwritten on the box is SA 47930/STD or possibly 5A 47930/STD.
>
> Anyone know what these fit?  The fellow that I got them from didn't
> think they were for a Triumph, but possibly the old 99 with the Triumph
> engine.

They're for the Dolomite 1850 engine, also used in the Saab 99.
*Maybe* suit some TR7 configurations, and possibly Stag (twinned
Dolomite engines).

> Anyone want them?  If so, make some unreasonably low offer and they are
> yours.

Well, if you can't find a local buyer, let me know!

John
           John Laidler | johnl@zeta.org.au | (+612) 519 3912
            68 Applebee St. St Peters N.S.W. 2044 Australia
                Looking for HTML & Web authoring work...