Re: Triumph GT6+ hardtop? T-top?

To: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Triumph GT6+ hardtop? T-top?
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 21:30:26 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Michael Noerregaard wrote:

> the previous owner cut a T-roof in the car (I know that it probably
> <<<SNIP>>>
> My question is if other GT6's have had the same 'thing' done to them? As

I've seen at least one.  I assume that you have the original roof section
and that it can be put on and off as needed.  Seems like a cool
addition.  You could even use softtop mounting hardware from a spit to
allow the roof to fasten to the windshield frame quickly.

Strength shouldn't be too much of a concern, as the Spit has no roof to
begin with!  Same body, same frame (ok, except for the rear lower control
arm brackets Triumph welded on for the MK II, and the lack of shock
mounts on the differential cage, but that's really splitting hairs).  If
you think Denmark will really have a problem with it, bolt a Spit body on
before you go and call it a Spit.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Web site>> http://www.scs.wsu.edu/~meboe
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6