Why was I not told of this?

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why was I not told of this?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 12:35:52 -0800 (PST)
I spotted an interesting article in the 11/2/95 issue of _Old Cars Weekly_:

        "A British enthusiast has discovered a Triumph Herald
convertible that was last registered in 1972 and has an incredible 13
miles on the odometer. The finder traced its history and discovered that
it had been owned by M.J. Carding, a former director of a Triumph
dealership in the British midlands.
        "The Herald was once part of the showroom display, but remained
unsold when Carding folded his business in 1972. The ex-director then
drove the car home and stored it in his garage where it has remained
until recently.
        "The new owner is now selling the Herald for $15,000. Given the
car's unique history and extremely low mileage, interest from the
British old car community has been strong." -- Robert Daines

Any of you TSSC folks heard about this one? Do you have more details --
model, etc.? WHY WAS I NOT TOLD OF THIS?

Like I have $15,000 to spare :-(

Andrew Mace
10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant
Vintage Triumph Register