Re: Why was I not told of this?

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Why was I not told of this?
From: Phil Willson <P.J.Willson@qmw.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 10:20:57 GMT
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Andrew Mace has writ:
> I spotted an interesting article in the 11/2/95 issue of _Old Cars Weekly_:
>
>       "A British enthusiast has discovered a Triumph Herald
> convertible that was last registered in 1972 and has an incredible 13
> miles on the odometer. The finder traced its history and discovered that
> it had been owned by M.J. Carding, a former director of a Triumph
> dealership in the British midlands.
>       "The Herald was once part of the showroom display, but remained
> unsold when Carding folded his business in 1972. The ex-director then
> drove the car home and stored it in his garage where it has remained
> until recently.
>       "The new owner is now selling the Herald for $15,000. Given the
> car's unique history and extremely low mileage, interest from the
> British old car community has been strong." -- Robert Daines
>
> Any of you TSSC folks heard about this one? Do you have more details --
> model, etc.? WHY WAS I NOT TOLD OF THIS?

Er Dunno!  The latest edition of the TSSC mag says that there is a 4 page
article on the subject in the new edition
of  'Popular Classics' (December edition due out on 3rd November - I never did
understand that system).

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD OF THIS??

Phil Willson
Who thought he was Herald 13/60 secretary for the TSSC (poor deluded fool)

From:   Phil Willson
        Electronic Engineering
        Queen Mary and Westfield College
        Mile End Road