Re: Best carburator?

To: lmdpth@lmd.ericsson.se, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best carburator?
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 10:19:53 -0500
To:     triumphs@autox.team.net

What is the best carburator I can put on my Spitfire 1500?
It currently has a single Stromberg and I have a double SU
(from a Mk3 1300) available that needs cleaning and adjusting.
I don't know too much about what others are available.""

Peter--

I had the single Stromberg and found in unable to breathe adequately at high
RPM.  The Dellorto DHLA45 was great for that, but not good for traffic and
slow driving.

I installed a Weber sequential down draught.  Best of all worlds--slow
driving, max power, economy.  Hope this helps.

Brian N.