Re: Tractor engine myth

To: twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: Tractor engine myth
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 14:41:40 -0500
Cc: DLMAssoc@aol.com, gpetrola@prairienet.org, triumphs@autox.team.net
   From: "TeriAnn Wakeman"  <twakeman@apple.com>

   > Following are the Ferguson tractors which used the Standard engine and/or
   > were built by Standard-Triumph.

   Thanks!

   I'll take this infor to my local Ferguson dealer and try to get a
   new water pump seal.  Tractor dealers carry replacement parts for
   amazingly long times.

Actually a completely usable primary seal is available from TRF, due
to an amazing bit of product rationalisation where one seal fits all
cars from the '2 to the 7'.

Compared to the original seal it has the drawback of having a narrower
sealing surface, which means it will wear both itself and the pump
housing out a little faster. It has the advantage of being a much
better seal, in that the original design was basically expected to
leak a little, while this one should not.

If you happened to discover that the tractor people could supply
either the sealed-on-one-side bearings used in this pump, or the tool
used to reface the metal sealing surface of the pump housing when
rebuilding the pump, it would be really nifty news..

                        -john