A really lightweight question about badge painting

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: A really lightweight question about badge painting
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 9:45:31 -0700 (MST)
My Triumph shield badge has lost every last scrap of paint.

It actually looks very nice, solid bright metal, but I'm thinking
of repainting it.  The idea is to get the blue and white paint
into the troughs, while keeping the ridges bright.  And yes, I
know new ones can be had from the UK for about 7 quid, and in
the US from Vic Brit for (laugh here) about 50 bucks!

The most straightforward idea that occurs to me would be to just
paint the whole thing in the appropriate colours without worrying
about the ridges too much, then when it dries, carefully sand
with a block and fine paper to take the paint off the ridges.
Anybody have a better suggestion?

- Dan Parslow
djp@alpha.sunquest.com