Re: My 1500 Has Shipwrights Disease

To: davcla@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My 1500 Has Shipwrights Disease
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 11:03:45 -0500
David-- (re: brake mc difficulty)

I found no great difficulty in the brake mc rebuild.  There are a few more
parts.  Seals etc.  If I remember right, the kit came with variations, so be
sure to  put back in the only the right and necessary parts.

If you have it apart, be sure to hone if scored.

BTW, one thing I do not like on these Spit brake systems is the poor quality
(soft) compression fittings at the tube ends.  If they are tight, the hex nut
tends to mash instead of successfully turning on the threads.  You may want
to buy one of those special fitting wrenches.  They are sort of an open end
wrench, but not quite as open as a normal open end wrench.  They get a better
grip on the nut.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Brian N.

65 Spitfire