My 1500 Has Shipwrights Disease

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: My 1500 Has Shipwrights Disease
From: davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark )
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 21:12:25 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi all,

After completing a weekend project turned three weeks (as some of you
may have noticed) I took my 1500 out for a shakedown.  Well,  the only
thing that got shook was me!

Feeling good,  radio blasting, top down (38 degrees), stop sign, NO
BRAKES! AT ALL!  Well at first I did and then goodbye.  I guess it is a
good thing I replaced that broken emergency brake cable last weekend.

When I made it home I popped the bonnet and the engine compartment took
a shower in dot 4.  It appears to have made its way out the master
cylinder where the piston comes out.  A new master cyl is awfully damn
expensive but after the last few weeks I doubt I would have the
patience to do a proper (SAFE) rebuild.

My question is:

Compared to the clutch MC how would you rank the Brake MC in terms of
dificulty?

Any pointers to make a rebuild go more smoothly?

Anybody got one for sale, ready to go, cheap?

TIA

David 'so much for the new interior kit' Clark