RE: TR6 Timing - Distributor

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: RE: TR6 Timing - Distributor
From: Tom Gentry <TGENTR@wgc.woodward.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 95 15:16:00 PST
Encoding: 16 TEXT
JoeSimcoe writes:
<<can I loosen the bolt and nut that appears to tighten
<<the clamp around the distributor shank (?) and turn the distributor even
<<more.

Yes, that's the ticket. That's how I generally adjust mine.  I usually
prefer to set my engine timing statically (not running), but dynamic
(running) with a good timing light is fine.  If you loosen the bolt just a
bit you should be able to get a good "friction fit" so that the distributor
is turnable, but not so easy it moves before you can tighten the bolt again.

Tom Gentry
72 TR-6 OD
Rockford, IL
TGENTR@WGC.WOODWARD.COM