Roaster Factory?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Roaster Factory?
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 95 14:35:41 -0800
Anyone know whats going on at the Roadster Factory these days?

A few weeks ago I recieved a tabloid MGB sale catalogue that had about 25-30
pages.  They were mostly repeats of a couple of pages printed over & over.

I needed to order a number of parts for my TR3 restoration project.  Since the
Roadster Factory has not seen fit to publish a TR3 catalogue, I called with a
description of parts I wanted to order.  The Level II person I talked to over
the phone was not familure with TR3s.  I was having to walk him through his
parts catalogue and we had to spend several minutes describing parts.  When I
asked for a tailight lense base he initially tried to sell me the rim from a
TR3A turn signal.  When I asked if he could transfer my call to someone familure
with TR3s he said that there was no one he could transfer my call to.

After about 20 minutes on the phone and getting only about 2/3rds of the way
through my list I gave up and canceled the order (easy to do since he never
asked me who I was).

The Roadster Factory used to be my primary source for any Triumph or MG parts
but not having a TR3 catalogue and not having a TR3 knowledgable person on the
level II support/ordering line is just a little bit too much.

It used to be that when I order level II I always talked to a TR3 knowledgable
person.  This guy talked as if his familuarity with a TR3 was based upon having
seen one drive by once.

I looked up the parts numbers in the Moss catalogue and ordered parts in a few
minutes.

Since I have always prefered The Roaster Factory, its a sad dat to me when I
need to catagorize them as my source of last resort and bring Moss up to the
staus of my primary supplier.

I've heard rumors of large turn overs at The Roadster Factory.  Can provide
accurate information about whats going on over there?  The wasted a lot of money
on a major MGB mailing and lost a faithful customer.

Whats up?

TeriAnn