Re: Using the UNISYN

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Using the UNISYN
From: bkerr@primenet.com (Robert B. Kerr)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 21:02:01 -0700 (MST)
At 15:44 11/6/95 -0500, JoeSimcoe@aol.com wrote:
>Can't help myself - one more question for you guys.
>
>We tried to balance the carburators Sunday but couldn't get the Unisyn to
>work properly.  It would register below half way at about 2000 rpm - but when
>we backed it down to 850 we couldn't get the bloomin thing to register at
>all.
>
>Our hypothosis is that the car is riddled with vacuum leaks.  Would that keep
>the carbs from pulling enough air to make the unisyn work - or (IT IS BRAND
>NEW) could we have a faulty Unisyn.
>
>TIA
>
>JoeSimcoe

Joe,
        The Unisyn tool is adjustable.  Screw in or out the centre
hemi-sphere to get a reading that you want on one carb (say half-way) at
whatever revs you're using, then compare for other carb and make appropriate
adjustments.

        BTW, since I tired of fiddling with my Strombergs every year (at
least) in an attempt to pass Arizona emissions, and invested in a pair of
downdraft Webers life has been SOOO much easier.  Car runs better too!

        BobK
Bob Kerr                                |       1976 Truimph TR6 OD
Phoenix, AZ                             |
bkerr@primenet.com            (Home)    |
bkerr@aztec.asu.edu         (Alt. home) |     "Relax...don't worry...
robert.kerr@az.honeywell.com  (Work)    |