RE: Roaster Factory? and cable clamps Q

To: mjm@art.ca.boeing.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Roaster Factory? and cable clamps Q
From: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com
Date: 7 Nov 95 10:40:26 -0600

>BTW does anyone have any experience with the "helmet" style battery >cable
clamps that Moss sells. They look good to me but I wonder if they >make a
good connection.

      When I bought my GT6 back in '72 it came with these guys on it.
I finally had to replace them with a new set from Moss. They work good
as long as the posts are nice and clean. On occasion you do need to
retighten the screws as the theads relax.
     Be careful soldering the new helmet to the cable though. I held the
torch a second to long on one and it turned liquid on me fast. At that
price you hate to trash one!

Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6