Re: Roaster Factory? and cable clamps Q

To: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com, mjm@art.ca.boeing.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roaster Factory? and cable clamps Q
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 21:55:09 -0500
Ditto - they were the original clamps on my TR4.  The only problem I had then
was that the top screws (the ones that go through the helmet and into the
battery terminals would loosen and I would get a loss of juice when I hit the
starter.  Which meant that, once I figured it out, I would have to open the
hood and tighten the screw. The current required by the starter would
actually move helmet away from the post.  So be careful when you drill out
the battery posts that the screws (which go down through the helmet) can get
a good grip.  A correct pilot hole should do that.

I have a new set,  have not installed them yet- but from the directions it
appears that one must be careful of too much heat when putting the helmets on
the cables.  The helmets are lead and will melt.  But they do look much
better and have been unavailable for years.

Let us know how the installation goes.  Thanks.

Art Kelly  '64 TR4 CT 33118L (Original Owner)