RE: Setting points gap--(was first tuneup update)

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: RE: Setting points gap--(was first tuneup update)
From: Tom Gentry <TGENTR@wgc.woodward.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 95 16:07:00 PST
Encoding: 16 TEXT
>> I imagine that the timing chain, dist drive gear
>>and such will have several degrees of slack when you add it all up.

>>Brian N

I'll bet you're right about the slack, but in this case it just doesn't
matter.  When setting point gap all you need is for the points to be at
their max opening, i.e. on the distributor cam lobe.  Think about it a bit
and you'll see that.  Now if you were setting ignition or cam timing you
would be absolutely right.

Tom Gentry
72 TR-6 OD
Rockford, IL