Re: Blowed up REAL good

To: Paulsv@aol.com
Subject: Re: Blowed up REAL good
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 17:58:26 -0500 (EST)
Cc: SCHWANGAU@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
This isn't quite as impressive as the previous post but my only experience
ever with a car fire was the first time the manifold gasket on my TR6
burnt out.  I had been home about fifteen minutes and decided that I had
the energy so needed to work on the car and without even thinking about
engine heat went out to the driveway, popped the hood, and nailed the
mounting studs with PB'laster.   FOOOMP.  The initial flair up wasn't too
frightening but then when the bottem plugs on the carbs melted through as
I rushed to find something to put the flames out with and the fire go new
fuel.  Luckily all I had to do was replace the plugs, o-rings, hoses and
the end connectores on the starter.
        -tak