Re: Blowed up REAL good

To: tblank@teleport.com
Subject: Re: Blowed up REAL good
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 13:56:40 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> Well,
>
> It wasn't a real explosion but...

snip

> Before I could get off the dealer's lot, flames were flying out of the
> steering column where the directional switch is.  I guess the fuse didn't
> blow though.
>
> The saddest part is that they had a service bulletin about a bad wire clamp
> causing these shorts.  Too bad dealers can't - or don't - read!
>
> Haven't been to a dealer since.
>
> Ted Blank

This is interesting since I am currently waiting for my steering column in
my TR6 to burst into flames.  I've been under the impression that the
trafficator switch is on its way to ceasing functioning as occasionally
I'll be driving along and look down to see tendrils of smoke rising from
the switch but with all my other current LBC problems I just cannot find
the time to dig into the electrical system.

-tak who finally got his dash and taillights to work again after installing
     a radar detector