Re: Blowed up REAL good

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blowed up REAL good
From: tblank@teleport.com (Ted Blank)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 19:34:50 -0800
Well,

It wasn't a real explosion but...

I left my '80 Spit 1500 with the dealer to track down an intermittent
electrical problem.  When I picked it up they explained that they couldn't
find any problem but istalled a breaker so that I wouldn't keep blowing
fuses.

Before I could get off the dealer's lot, flames were flying out of the
steering column where the directional switch is.  I guess the fuse didn't
blow though.

The saddest part is that they had a service bulletin about a bad wire clamp
causing these shorts.  Too bad dealers can't - or don't - read!

Haven't been to a dealer since.

Ted Blank