Re: Vitesse questions.........

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Vitesse questions.........
From: Lennart.Broekhof@Holland.Sun.COM (Lennart Broekhof - Sun Service Nederland [CONTRACTOR])
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 17:22:09 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
] > My question is if there are things I really need to know
] > before I take the body of the chassis, specialy because I
] > don't want to use the original chassis anymore.
] > Like what's best, take the doors out before or after lifting
] > the body up ?
]
] I'd leave the doors on; alternatively, remove the doors and brace the
] openings. As the Vitesse body is not all that strong by itself, it's best
] to keep the door opening supported one way or the other. Alternatively,
] you may remove the body in sections -- it splits at floor level roughly
] at the front edge of the front seats.

Removing the body in sections, is that hard to do ?
Aren't there any welded parts where I have to cut through before
I can split the body ?

] > And what about the battery, also brand new, can I put it away
] > for so long ?
]
] It's possible, but if you really expect it to be "dormant" for several
] years, I'd suggest selling it to someone or finding another use for it
] yourself.

Well, I'll put it in my other car and sell the one that I take out, maybe
this project will take longer then the 2 to 3 years (don't hope so :-( )
and the other car has one from two years old.
So that problem is solved :-)

I also forgot an other thing, I have that injection system from a 2.5 PI,
what should I do with that because I know it's bad for a carburator to stay
'dry' for a long time.

And has anyone any ideas how to remove white paint from my dashboard ?
(It's completely white.)

Thanks Andy, and others of course :-)

Bye for now,

Lennart Broekhof