Re: Spitfire 1500 engines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 engines
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 1995 11:25:08 -0500
++> than others? What is the best engine to put in a Spitfire? (Anyone tried a
++> GT6 2 liter?). My priority is a stable engine for everyday use but I

        A few of us on the list have done this.  There are quite a few
simple modifications that must be made to the Spitfire before the 2L will
fit in.  Not the least of which is swaping over the uprated braking system
of the GT6.  I think "putting a Spitfire body shell on a GT6" is a better
description of this project than "putting the 2L engine in a Spitfire."

--
William Woodruff        woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu
Ann Arbor MI