Re: first posting

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Re: first posting
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 15:54:04 -0600
Bill,

A brake master cylinder CAN be rebuilt without boring and sleeving if the
bore is in good shape, no pits. A rebuild kit is about $15 and you can
pretty much get it in good shape with that. I've rebuilt three master
cylinders on three different cars and the brakes are fine.

Transmission-wise, if you aren't into rebuilding them yourself, I recommend
buying a rebuilt one from John Kipping Triumph Spares in Coventry, England.
If you call them with a credit card, a freshly rebuilt gearbox will show
up, delivered by a cursing UPS person, in about 2 weeks. My GT6+ gearbox
from Kipping was about $350, core charge and shipping included. It turns
out that you can buy a rebuilt 'box from Kipping for less than the parts to
rebuild it (if bought here in the USA).

Let's see here, Kipping's voice number is 0203-645333 and his fax number
is 0203-645030. I used a fax - it takes care of the time difference problem.

Actually, from the US, it's something like 011-44-203-645333, I believe. I now
see the $800 gearboxes in the US suppliers' catalogs and laugh derisively.
They won't be stealing from my wallet for a gearbox!

Good luck!

My I also add - please include your email address on your .sig. My mailer
only shows triumphs-owner@autox.team.net as the sender.

Larry