Re: TR-3A Leaf Springs

To: JohnsonR@courier8.aero.org
Subject: Re: TR-3A Leaf Springs
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 95 10:43:13 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>    I am restoring a 1958 TR-3A (TS28692L) and have a question regarding the
>rear leaf springs. I have removed both springs from the car and plan on
>having them checked, reworked and re-arced ( if required).

I wou strongly suggest that if you decide to have the springs re-arced,
add a new leaf, as when the springs are heated for arching, they often
become brittle and break.
 As for the difference in sprins, I would remove one plat and put it on
the other side to make the springs match. This is my opinion based on my
experience. I am sure you will get lots of feedback with lots of
different angles. Use your best judgement for what works for you.
Regards and good luck,
Tony R.
66,67,68,69GT6
64TR4 oops