Re: Headlamps, auxiliary lamps

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Headlamps, auxiliary lamps
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 12:59:21 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Andy - thanks for the reply.  Remember-- I picked up the car at the factory.
 Off course it had headlamps installed - yes they did have LUCAS on them and
they looked like sealed beam headlights.  After driving the car around the UK
and over to the continent I shipped the car to Bayonne where I picked it up
at the dock.  So it appears that Triumph fitted the car with non-sealed beam
lights even though the car was built to U.S. specs.  As I said I never
noticed it until a dealer was doing the 10k service and brought the fact to
my attention.  I never had a light burn out before my brother smashed the
lights so never had the problem of finding the small bulbs.  Who knows why
Triumph put them in there in June '94 unless they figured that since I was
picking the car up at the factory I would be in Europe and didn't need the
sealed beams.  Anyway it is just another mystery about TR's.